Home 8.7 No-smoking
We comply with health and safety regulations and the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage in making our setting a no-smoking environment – both indoors and outdoors.
- All staff, parents and volunteers are made aware of our No-smoking Policy.
- We display no-smoking signs.
- The No-smoking Policy is stated in our information for parents.
- We actively encourage no-smoking by having information for parents and staff about where to get help to stop smoking if they are seeking this information.
- Staff who smoke do not do so during working hours, unless on a break and off the premises.
- Staff who smoke during their break make every effort to reduce the effect of the odour and lingering effects of passive smoking for children and colleagues.
- The Smoke-free (Premises and Enforcement) Regulations (2006)
- The Smoke-free (Signs) Regulations (2012)