Home 1.7 Use of cameras
1.7 Use of cameras
We take steps to ensure that there are effective procedures in place to protect children, young people, and vulnerable adults from the unacceptable use of cameras in the setting.
Cameras and videos
- Members of staff must not bring their own cameras or video recorders into the setting.
- Photographs and recordings of children are only taken for valid reasons, i.e. to record their learning and development, or for displays within the setting.
- Photographs or recordings of children are only taken on equipment belonging to the setting.
- Camera and video use is monitored by the setting manager.
- Where parents request permission to photograph or record their own children at special events, permission will first be gained from all parents for their children to be included.
- Photographs and recordings of children are only taken of children if there is written permission to do so (found on the individual child’s Registration Form).